Awkward as it may sound, one of the most common questions we get is how to open an online betting account. This does not surprise us though, because millions of players’ everyday take the decision to join new online betting accounts. Some of them are looking to take advantage of new player offers, better odds or more markets, while even more punters decide to make their first steps into online betting. Regardless of which category you find yourself in, it is very important to learn how to register an online betting as it is the most crucial stage of setting up an online betting account to be able to claim all the perks of being a new player.
All steps for you
In order to provide an easy to understand guide, we at Betting Sites Africa will take you through the bits and bytes of everything you need to know, like how to get on the bookmaker’s site, completing a registration form, validating your account and depositing to your new account when registering at any online betting site of your choice.
Here are the steps to take into consideration:
- Navigate to the bookmaker’s site
- Complete the registration form
- Validate your new betting account
- Make a deposit and claim your bonus
- Start placing bets
Before we get started, you need to understand that choosing the best online betting site is a very important decision to your online betting experience. Maybe not like buying a Car, but you need to consider a lot of factors. Just head to our article ‘how to find the best bookmaker‘ what will help you to choose the best bookmaker for your needs.
We can recommend to register at the following bookies
Step 1: Navigate to a bookmaker’s site
Once you have chosen a few bookmakers you would like to wager with, you are ready to open your first betting account. This is a simple process. Just click a link to a trusted bookmaker’s site or enter their URL in your browser. Among the best known and most reputable African bookmakers are:
- Betboro (read more about the betboro sign up)
- Betwinner (find out more about the Betwinner registration)
- Melbet (read about the Melbet registration)
- 1xBet (check out how the 1xbet registration works)
- Paripesa (find out how the Paripesa registration works)
On the home page of the bookmaker’s site, you’ll be able to click a Join Now, Bet Now, Open an Account or Register button or link to specify that you want to open a new account.
Depending on the bookmaker, the orientation of the register button differs. However, bookies has made it very easy to see at first glance to the bookmaker’s homepage. Example is the betmojo homepage, where it is located at the top right corner of the page with yellow background.
Step 2: Complete a Registration Form
Clicking the register button to open an account will automatically reveal a registration overlay page, which you have to complete. The information you will need to provide depends on the bookmaker and your country of residence. While some of them will ask for only your phone number and password, others may want you to fill out more details. Typically, you need to supply the following information when registering an online bookmaker.
- Your name, e-mail address and physical address: These information is very crucial and should be entered as they appear on your ID card or Passport. To avoid future issues with the bookmaker’s verification system
- Your date of birth, to verify if you are 18 or older: Betting sites are required by law to verify that you are 18 or above to be able to participate in gambling. Entering your date of birth will help them ensure that you are of the legal age, which might further be verified through your IDs.
- Your country of residence: Every bookmaker has different offers and promotions for different countries. Choosing your country of residence will guarantee you all the benefits given to new and existing customers of a bookmaker
- The currency you use: Here you can either choose your local currency if the bookmaker allows that currency or choose any other currency available which you are comfortable with.
- A username and a password: : This will be your key for logging in and out of your new bookmaker, as a result it should be entered with care, so that you can provide it at anytime to log onto your bookmaker. Bookies will guide you on the nature of password strength they require, but usually it requires at least 8 characters including a mixture of letters and numbers.
- Promo code: Some bookmakers will require a promo code from new customers before they can enjoy their special offers. Not filling this code could deny you your welcome offers. For example, Betting sites Africa have an exclusive 30% extra bonus for new sign ups at 1xBet – all you have to do is enter bonus code 1x_202496 at your registration – find all details for the 1xBet bonus in our review.
Find a screenshot of the 1xbet registration for Ghanaian residence
We will advise that you input your name and other personal information exactly as they appear on your ID card or passport so that you don’t run into any issues with verifying your account.
After you are done that, safely store the email you used for this account, your username, your password and the answer to the security question.
Another example, opening a betting account with Betway, which is one of the best bookmaker in Africa, you should have this to fill as a Ghanaian residence.
Step 3: Validate Your New Account
You are now one step closer before you finally open a new betting account. You simply need to go to your email account and click on the link that the bookie has sent you or check for an SMS with a verification code.
After that, you must verify your account so you can enjoy your account’s full benefits.
It is quite simple. All you have to do is mail a copy of your ID or passport and proof of residence (a public utility bill, phone bill etc) to the customer support. They will probably answer in a few hours saying that your account is verified and ready to be used for depositing and withdrawing. You can check out our page on how to verify your betting account to understand all the diverse ways you might be asked to verify your account.
Step 4: Make a deposit and claim your bonus
Congratulations, you now have a brand new betting account. The final thing you need to do is deposit some money and claim your welcome bonus. You are recommended to choose a deposit method that has no fees and can be completed as fast as possible. Note that on some bookies you are obligated to make the first withdrawal in your bank account and then in any other method you prefer. As you read along, you will find more information on the possible methods bookies offer.
Step 5: Start placing a bet
Before you place your first bet, spend some time exploring your sportsbook’s platform. Check all the special markets it is offering and how you can use them to your benefit. See the Asian Handicaps and the combo bets. Best of luck!
Visit our betting school overview to check out more helpful betting guides
Go to our homepage to see reviews for the best betting sites in Africa