Black jack is a foremost online casino game that offers players the chance to convert their wager into huge winnings based on the value of the cards they deal. Over the years, the popularity of Black Jack has grown extensively making it one of the most sought after online games across the world. This is due to its constant and easy to follow rules, the fair winning chance it offers and the ability of each player to decide when to ”split, hit, stand or surrender”.
Also known as 21, Black jack is a card game in which a player sets out to beat the dealer by drawing a hand value of 21 on the first 2 cards or by having a hand value that is higher than the dealer’s. It comes with an easy and exciting layout making the exploits of every player a simple and stress free one.
Navigate to our content
Black Jack Game Features
- Black jack offers real life card gaming experience online. It’s all about how well you understand opponents hands and knowing when the value of your card is higher than that of the dealer
- You win when you draw a hand value of 21 on your first two cards OR
- When the dealer draws a hand value higher than 21.
Pros & Cons of Blackjack
- + Unlimited availability
- + Multiple Black jack variants offered
- + Can be accessed on the bookie’s Mobile app or mobile site. You can explore our page containing the best betting app reviews in Africa
- + Rules are constant and easy to understand
- – Cards counting and Shuffling are done using RNG
- – Requires heavy internet connection
How to play Blackjack?
- Go to your preferred bookmaker or choose one from the table down
- Register or log in. If you are a newly registered user, you can explore our welcome bonus for registration page for the best welcome offer today.
- Make the required deposit
- Go to the Casino or games section and click black jack
- Wager the amount you want
Once you have done the above, cards will be dealt and you decide to ”Stand, hit, double down or surrender. Each step is explained as follows
- If the first 2 cards dealt are acceptable to you, you can choose to stand and the dealer will proceed to deal their cards.
- This way, the dealer knows that this is your final hand and you will not be taking more cards from them and will play with what you have.
- The dealer will only play when you click “stand”
- If the dealer has a hand total of 16 or lower, more cards will be chosen till the hand value is higher than that of the player
- You can choose to increase the value of the cards you have by pressing “Hit”.
- This way, you are looking to have more cards to further raise the value of your hand.
- The dealer will then deal more cards until the hand value goes higher than 21 in which case if you go “bust”, you lose your wager.
- You can choose as many cards as you want as long as it doesn’t exceed 21.
- Once you are satisfied with the cards you have, press stand
- This way the dealer knows that this is your final hand and you will not be picking any more cards from them and will play with what you have
- In case you have the need to take an additional card to put you in a vantage position, you can choose to double your initial wager while the dealer deals only 1 more card.
- If you are not comfortable with the value you have, you have the option of surrendering it to get back 50% of your initial stake amount thereby giving you the chance to re-stake and get another shot
- Before the player or dealer plays their card, an insurance is offered.
- It basically is half of the original Stake amount
- It is offered only if the dealer’s first cards is an Ace.
- You are betting on whether the dealer has a black jack.
- If the dealer hits blackjack, then you will be given your insurance payout.
Different types of Blackjack
- Classic Black Jack
- Spanish 21
- European Black Jack
- Black Jack switch
Classic Black Jack is the most popular and best suited option for beginners
Black Jack Tips & Tricks – how to win?
- Bet within your limit: This is a very important tip for every betting exploit. Due to the uncertainty involved, you must set a limit for yourself and not go over board to prevent the devastating feeling that comes with losing your stake.
- Focus: Paying 100% attention helps you strategize and understand when to stand, hit or surrender. Since the action happens very fast, it is your duty to focus so you can beat the dealer and make the most of your stake.
- Know the table before staking: It’s best to familiarize yourself with all the information available on a dealer’s table before putting your money. For instance, if you are playing on Betway, you will find different tables and dealers. Look at the table and choose the one that pays blackjack at 3 to 2 as it is going to fetch you more returns than the one that pays 6 to 5.
- Follow your guts: With black jack, how things pan out is entirely up to the step you take. You must know when to stand, hit, double down or surrender. In case you want to double down, after receiving your two cards, you can double your bet before you proceed and pick a third card. When the value of dealer’s card shows is 4,5 or 6, it is advisable to double your bet with an Ace and 4 in hand.
Where to play Black Jack?
Black Jack is an exciting card game with straightforward rules. Basically, you will win if the value of the cards in your hand are higher than that of the dealer or is equal to 21. If the value of your hand is lower than the dealers or more than 21 then you will lose your wager to the dealer.
So, why don’t you check out our bookmaker reviews in Africa, pick your preferred bookie and start winning big!