How to contact a bookmaker?
As a betting customer, there will be instances when you need to contact your bookmaker. You may encounter certain issues as you go about your betting activities and need your bookmaker to address them. Sometimes customers have questions that are best answered by the bookmaker therefore it is important you are able to contact them easily.
In this article, we cover various ways through which you can contact your bookmaker, and provide summary explanations of the common communication methods available for betting customers. We also highlight the bookmakers that provide good customer care service.
Read about the best betting sites in Africa on our homepage where we outline all the important pros and cons of various bookmakers on the continent.
Customer care departments
Bookmakers usually have a customer care department to address customer queries. It is these people that you communicate with when you contact your bookmaker through the channels they offer.
A good customer care department will respond to customers’ issues fast and be prepared to offer solutions. Without a responsive customer care team, customers are likely to get frustrated with the bookmaker.
Some of the bookmakers that score big on customer support include:
The contact details for the bookmaker are usually listed on the bookmaker’s website. At our bookmaker reviews you can find all addresses per betting site. It is essential for bookmakers to give several options for contacting them so that customers can choose what is most convenient for them.
There are several ways through which you can contact betting companies as a customer. The common ones include:
- Phone number
- Live chat
- Help Page
- Social Media
- Bet shops
We look at each method in more detail below:
This allows you to contact the customer care directly and talk to one of their agents. The advantage is that you can get answers to your queries in real time. If your issue involves steps that you need to follow, the agent can take you through them step by step. You can also immediately ask new questions that come up during the conversation.
Register a new Melbet account using your mobile phone number and enjoy the Melbet bonus for new customers. Our followers at Betting Sites Africa get an extra 30% on top of the welcome bonus.
You can always email your bookmaker with your issue and they will respond back within a specified time. Most bookmakers respond to email queries within 24-48 hours. Email allows the bookmaker to give comprehensive answers and even provide more useful information that you can always refer back to.
The leading bookmakers usually have a live chat feature on their website to enable you to text customer support and get responses in real time. This allows you to get immediate answers to your queries without having to leave the site.
The help page is found on the bookmaker’s website and provides various options to help you with your queries. It typically lists email, phone numbers, and live chat options. There is also a frequently asked questions (FAQs) section with answers to the most common questions.
Most bookmakers have social media pages through which they can interact with customers and answer questions. The common social media pages you can use include:
Make sure you use the bookmaker’s official pages (verified) as there may be other unofficial pages using the bookmaker’s name.
There are bookmakers, such as Mozzartbet, that operate betting shops in addition to their online platforms. You can visit these betting shops if you have an issue and the staff there will help you. This can prove useful for complex issues that need more technical attention.
Read our Mozzartbet review to discover all the betting offers and rewards from the bookmaker.
Tips on contacting your bookmaker
The following tips can help you be more effective when contacting your betting company:
- It is preferable to contact customer care during the day working hours to get a more immediate response. Some customer care teams are not available round the clock
- Choose the appropriate method based on the nature and urgency of your issue – If you need quick answers call or use live chat. For written information, email is better
- Bookmakers that offer several contact options are easier to engage compared to those that are restricted to one. Keep this in mind when opening a betting account
- Communication methods such as live chat, email, and social media are free compared to calling which may involve call charges
- If the bookmaker offers toll-free numbers, you can use these to call without worrying about the call costs. You can also ask the customer support to call you by providing them with your phone number
- Use the appropriate language when contacting customer care. Some international bookmakers may not have their services in your local language
- Always be precise when asking your questions or describing your issue. This will help the support team to provided you with specific answers
- Most bookmakers now have active social media accounts because the issues are raised publicly and other users can see how they respond. They are keen to ensure they maintain a good public image
Good customer support is essential for betting customers so that bookmakers can address the queries that arise regularly in the industry. As a betting customer you should know how to contact your bookmaker so that you get answers in good time. Having a bookmaker that provides several communication channels is preferable as it gives you the chance to choose what would suit you best. You need to pick the appropriate method depending on your issue. Bookmakers that are able to provide satisfactory customer support find it easier to retain customers.
Find more useful topics in our betting school overview page.
Our bonus review page highlights the best bonus for sports betting available for new customers.