Let’s begin by stating that this is one of several new betting sites in Africa. The company was founded only recently, in 2018, but the fact that they are already considered one of the biggest bookies in the world says a lot. Their origins are in Eastern Europe, but 22Bet expanded so quickly it’s hard to believe, becoming one of the dominant brands in Europe in months. After that, they expanded to other continents, notably Asia and Africa.
Considering what a recent addition to the scene this site is, not there’s not a lot to talk about in terms of history. From what we can tell, though, they are dedicated to bringing their services to as many people as possible. This can be seen from the fact that their website is localized in over 45 world languages, not to mention the countless local licences they’ve acquired. This caused them to quickly build up credibility among punters. As such, they sport some of the most attractive betting offers for African punters, because of their efforts to expand to as many languages, currencies, and payment options as possible.
22Bet is available in 🇳🇬 🇹🇿 🇿🇲 🇺🇬 🇨🇲 🇰🇪 🇬🇭
Read more about betting sites in Africa on our HOMEPAGE
Main advantages & disadvantages at 22Bet
- Large variety of sports
- Attractive welcome bonus
- Huge variety of betting markets
- Safe and Secure
- Live Streaming in limited countries
- Customer Support could be better
22Bet payout rate
- Premier League: 94-95%
- LaLiga: 94%
- Champions League: 94-95%
When you look at the payout rates above we have calculated the pay out rates of 22bet for the following football leagues: spanish La Liga, english Premier League and Uefa Champions league.
The reason being because of the strength of the competitions and the high number of bets coming in on these competitions. We have decided to give you the statistics of these three competitions considering they are the most popular competitions to bet on amongst African countries.
At 22bet we have a rather similar payout rate for all three of these competitions. This keeps the bookmaker even more competitive and consistent. The pay out rate for the Premier League and Champions League are pretty high and punters love to bet on these two leagues for that reason. Each bookmaker in Africa has different pay out rates – most of them are similar but when it comes to sports variety, 22bet is a Bookie with some of the most competitive odds and pay out rates in Africa.
22Bet types of betting / betting markets
- Correct score
- Handicap bets
- Asian handicap
- Double chance
- Goal/no goal
- Goal scorer
- Both teams to score
- Draw no bet
- Halftime / Fulltime
- Number of corners
- Bookings (yellow/red cards)
This bookmaker may be young and new but, 22bet is rapidly growing and already big in Africa. Internationally known as one of the biggest and most competitive sports betting companies in the world after such a short period must say a lot.
The reason being, the bookmaker has a large variety of sports betting options and further additional instruments most other bookmakers do not have. They offer an extensive live betting offer which is extremely user friendly and they are one of the most accessible bookies on a international scale.
22Bet have thousands of different betting opportunities with extremely competitive odds in Africa. You can bet on 1X2, Over/Under, Correct Score, Handicap bets, Goal Scorer, BTTS, Accumulators and the list just goes on. You can almost find a market for everything with 22bet in Africa.
22Bet live betting
22Bet offers over 1,000 live betting events every month across multiple sports disciplines. From the homepage, you can easily see on-going live events under different sports categories. You can also click on the ‘live’ button to open the live betting platform where you can view the games in more detail. Popular live betting sports include football, tennis, basketball, volleyball, and handball. You can see the odds getting updated in real-time as the event goes on. There are also match statistics for each event to help you make informed bets.
22Bet Bonus offer
22Bet has a lovely Welcome bonus offer in each of the following countries:
100% up to 50,000 ₦ in 🇳🇬
100% up to 300,000 TZS in 🇹🇿
100% up to 2,000 ZMW in 🇿🇲
100% up to 550,000 UGX in 🇺🇬
100% up to 15,000 KES in 🇰🇪
100% up to 750 GHS in 🇬🇭
Find out more about the 22Bet bonus here
First deposit offer
22Bet payment methods
22Bet offers plenty of payment methods to deposit and withdraw money from to your betting account being one of the worlds fastest growing bookmakers and especially developing the bookies payment methods in Africa. We have below pointed out the most common and popular methods being used in our three most popular countries. You can however be assured that when you log into the 22bet site from our page it would automatically take you to the 22bet home page responsible for your country, where you could find even more precise information on the currency and limits of your choice of payment or withdrawal. For deposit and withdrawal precise details in 🇿🇲 refer to 22bet Zambia.
- 🇰🇪 Mpesa – Min. KES 112 – Max. KES 150,000 per transaction – Instant – Fees. KES 23 – 210
- 🇰🇪 Airtel Money – Min. KES 100 – Max. KES 150,000 per transaction – Instant – No service charge
- 🇬🇭 Airtel Money: min. 10 GHS – max. 2,000 GHS – Instant – No service charges
- 🇬🇭 MTN Mobile Money: min. 10 GHS – max. 2,000 GHS – Instant – No service charges
- 🇬🇭 Vodafone Cash: min. 10 GHS – max. 4,800 GHS – Instant – No service charges
E-wallets 🇰🇪 🇬🇭
- Skrill – Min. €2 – Max. €10,000 – Instant – No service charges
- Epay – Min. €1 – Max. €10,000 – Instant – No service charges
- Skrill 1- Tap – Min. €1 – Max. €10,000 – Instant – No service charges
- Perfect Money – Min. €1 – Max. €10,000 – Instant – No service charges
- Sticpay – Min. $2 – Max. $10,000 – Instant – No service charges
Debit/credit cards (Flutterwave)
- 🇳🇬 Visa – Min. 250 NGN – Max. 500,000 NGN – Instant – No service charges
- 🇳🇬 Mastercard – Min. 250 NGN – Max. 500,000 NGN – Instant-No service charges
- 🇳🇬 Verve – Min. 250 NGN – Max. 500,000 NGN -Instant- No service charges
Debit/credit cards (Paystack)
- 🇳🇬 Visa – Min. 250 NGN – Max. 250,000 NGN – Instant – No service charges
- 🇳🇬 Mastercard – Min. 250 NGN – Max. 250,000 NGN – Instant- No service charges
- 🇳🇬 Verve – Min. 250 NGN – Max. 250,000 NGN – Instant-No service charges
- 🇳🇬 Alat by Wema – Min. 250 NGN- NGN 30,000 Daily limit. Nil – Instant-No service charges
Payment systems 🇰🇪 🇬🇭
- Neteller – min. €5 – max. €10,000 – instant – No service charges
- Payeer – min. €1 – max. €10,000 – instant – No service charges
Cryptocurrency 🇰🇪 🇬🇭
- Bitcoin: min. 0.01 mBT – max. Nil – instant – No service charges
- Dogecoin: min. 2.00 DOGE – max. Nil – instant – No service charges
- Etherium: min. 50.00 mETH – max. Nil – instant – No service charges
In general, 22bet offers up to 29 different cryptocurrencies. Although it is not the most popular 22bet payment method, a few who trade in cryptocurrencies can have their betting account funded through this means.
On the contrary, Mobile money is a hugely popular payment method amongst Kenyans, therefore we will explain how it works. Mobile money service providers have Paybill numbers unique to each of them and they are to be used when making a 22bet deposit:
22bet Paybill numbers
- 🇰🇪 Safaricom Mpesa – 8955999
- 🇰🇪 Airtel Money – 125661
Note: these are the paybill numbers for Kenya but when you sign in through our link they will automatically provide you will all necessary details and numbers regarding payment methods in your region.
- 🇰🇪 Mpesa – Min. KES 225 – Instant – Standard fee applies
- 🇰🇪 Airtel Money – Min. KES 225 – Instant – Standard fee applies
- 🇬🇭 MTN Ghana: min. 4.00 GHS – 15 minutes – no charges
- 🇬🇭 Airtel Tigo Money: min. 4.00 GHS – 15 minutes – no charges
- 🇬🇭 Vodafone Ghana: min. 4.00 GHS – 15 minutes – no charges
E-wallets 🇰🇪 🇬🇭
- Skrill – Min. €2 – 15 minutes- No service charges
- Epay – Min. €1 – 15 minutes- No service charges
- Skrill 1- Tap – Min. €1 – 15 minutes- No service charges
- Perfect Money – Min. €1 – 15 minutes- No service charges
- Sticpay – Min. $2 – 15 minutes- No service charges
- 🇳🇬 VFD Microfinance Bank – Min. €1.5 – 15 minutes- No service charges
- 🇳🇬 Rubies MFB – Min. €1.5 – 15 minutes- No service charges
- 🇳🇬 Polaris Bank – Min. €1.5 – 15 minutes- No service charges
- 🇳🇬 Kuda Bank – Min. €1.5 – 15 minutes- No service charges
- 🇳🇬 Globus Bank – Min. €1.5 – 15 minutes- No service charges
- 🇳🇬 Enterprise Bank – Min. €1.5 – 15 minutes- No service charges
- 🇳🇬 Mainstreet Bank – Min. €1.5 – 15 minutes- No service charges
- 🇳🇬 ASO Savings and Loans – Min. €1.5 – 15 minutes- No service charges
- 🇳🇬 Access Bank PLC (Diamond) – Min. €1.5 – 15 minutes- No service charges
Payment systems 🇰🇪 🇬🇭
- Neteller – min. €5 – 15 minutes – No service charges
- Payeer – min. €1 – 15 minutes – No service charges
Cryptocurrency 🇰🇪 🇬🇭
- Bitcoin: min. 0.01 mBT – 15 minutes – No service charges
- Dogecoin: min. 2.00 DOGE – 15 minutes – No service charges
- Etherium: min. 50.00 mETH – 15 minutes – No service charges
In summary, 22bet Kenya accepts up to 27 cryptocurrencies. Even though it is not the most common 22bet withdrawal option, it may be used to access a betting account for those who deal in cryptocurrencies.
22Bet mobile app
22Bet is a fairly new entrant into the sports betting industry having been launched in 2018. Aside from their competitive odds and range of betting markets and sports, the one thing that has made 22Bet stand out from the crowd, despite being new to the scene, is its mobile app.
With many bookmakers embracing mobile app services to keep in tune with their clients’ wishes, 22Bet has not been left behind. The bookmaker has both Android and iOS mobile applications that ensure clients are able to place their bets at their own convenience without having to visit the website
22Bet has a mobile app for both Android and iOS platforms. The mobile apps can be downloaded through the 22bet website by clicking on their respective icons to open the download link. The Android and iOS icons are found on the top left corner of the homepage.
22Bet betting licenses
22Bet customer support
- Live Chat
- Postal address
- Social media
22Bet has an excellent customer support variety available. The bookmaker have various forms in which you could communicate to them or try and reach them. From a 24/7 live chat on the bottom of their screen to an email and social media platforms.
There are numerous platforms through which you can get in touch with 22Bet customer support in the case of any issues or queries you may be having. You can chat live to support and/or fill in the contact form on their website and await their response to your query. This normally takes about 24 hours. The other platform you can use is an email addressed to the various departments as listed below.
22Bet betting account verification
You do not need to verify your 22bet account until the bookmakers request of you to verify your account at some stage. Our theory, backed by personal experience, is that the betting site’s policy has some internal flags – most likely connected to your actions/withdrawal amounts – that lead to them asking for verification. If your goal is to withdraw insignificant amounts, these flags may not apply to you.
However, when necessary, they will contact you (and leave a notification on their website) with a request to provide some – or all – of the following verification documents: A colored picture of valid ID, Proof of deposit (depends on deposit method), Some cases a proof of address (utility bill, phone bill, some document with a proof of your name and address).
Sports Betting: 22bet offers a platform to bet on various international games with thousands of events available daily and up to 27 different sports including football, tennis, basketball, football, ice hockey, volleyball, boxing, golf, American football, table tennis, baseball, hockey, handball etc. Others are like cricket, floorball, inline hockey, ski jumping, Formula 1, water polo, cycling, curling, and snooker.
Markets: 22Bet has lots and lots of markets to choose from ranging from traditional markets to the more sophisticated ones. Football alone has hundreds of markets assigned to a given game
Live Betting: This allows you to place a bet on an ongoing game/event. 22Bet’s live experience is amazing. You get over 1,000 monthly live events from just about every sports they offer
Virtual Sports Section: The variety of games here is very pleasant. Some of them include Leap Gaming, 1X2 Network, Golden Race, Edge Gamin, Virtual Trotter, Virtual Tennis, and Virtual Racing, Virtual Football, Virtual Speedway, Grey Hounds and Velodrome. The odds also are quite attractive
40% Weekly Reload SportsBook Bonus – 22Bet will give you a 40% Bonus on deposits made on Friday of up to 5,000 KES
Cash Out: This enables you to take back part of your stake in the event of results not going in your favor. You may make some losses, but at least you can save some of your money for future bets.
Registration is quite easy at 22Bet. Follow these steps:
1. Go to 22Bet.com
2. On the registration page, fill in the required details. You will be asked for:
Phone number – The number should be connected to the MPesa that you can use to deposit or withdraw money
3. After filling the phone number, click “Send SMS” button to get the verification code. Enter the code and confirm.
4. Complete the re-captcha to verify you are not a robot.
5. Finish the registration process by clicking the “Register” button.That’s all folks. From here you will be directed to the 22Bet home page and you can deposit and start playing from this point.
The website is fully adapted on mobile screen. You can access all sports, markets and features on your mobile device. Have in mind, though, that on mobile pages may take a couple of seconds more to load.
The bookmaker has also released a mobile app. It is not a version of the website and you can’t bet through it – it is informative.
You will find sports news and podcasts on it. So if you are interested in gaining more information about your favorite teams ans sports you might find the app useful. It is called “My 22 Daily App” and you can download it from the app stores
To start with, 22Bet’s main license is from Curacao, which is where 22Bet is located. While the Curacao license is not yet respected in the world of online punting, African customers can rest easy because 22Bet also holds a large number of local African licences. Nigeria and Ghana are examples of this, meaning 22Bet is a safe, legal bookmaker in Africa.
They haven’t been around for long enough to make any sort of reputation, good or bad. This may seem bad at first, but we have seen no indication that 22Bet is a scam or something like that. They service thousands of customers across the globe and generally rank well among African betting site ratings, meaning you have nothing to worry about.
Additionally, 22Bet’s customer service is up to par should any issues arise. While the staff is helpful and friendly, there is a sadly small number of ways to reach them. For now, support can only be contacted via e-mail or phone. However, all mail is answered within 24 hours.
22Bet user experience
Even though 22bet is a relative new bookmaker this bookie has evolved with a bang in recent years. The sports bookie already found themselves available in multiple countries. What convinced me most to choose 22bet was how easy to use their platform is. Furthermore, in various of the available countries you have live streaming. You can find plenty of top live streams for different football leagues, a high coverage of various sporting events.
Having used 22bet and various other bookmakers, another positive I have experienced with 22bet is the customer support, the bookmaker probably has one of the best customer supports systems in all of Africa. Whenever I had problems with betting or streaming I could always reach the 24/7 customer support team at 22bet. Even though they are mainly UK based all of their operating countries have teams responsible for designated areas and I have never had a problem when it comes to help with difficulties and customer support.
Last but not least I would like to vouch for 22bet wide variety of sports and betting possibilities, probably one of the most competitive bookmakers in Africa. On top of that the bookie has some of the most competitive odds on the continent and would definitely go down in my opinion as one of the best sports betting companies in Africa, I therefore can highly recommend 22bet to any other African user or for that matter international punter looking for a online bookmaker with high standards.